Cardiology tests are conducted to determine the condition and strength of an individual’s heart. Many people get worried when they learn that they must get a cardiology test done. However, it is nothing to worry about. Echocardiogram, ECG, and stress tests are common medical procedures that are vital to understanding your health and taking care of yourself. The sooner a condition is diagnosed, the quicker you can get the medical help needed. Consult with the best cardiologist in Delhi for routine check-ups and to ensure everything is in order.
Types of Cardiology Tests Offered by Best Cardiologists in Delhi
There are a variety of tests that are used to determine heart conditions. Depending on the purpose, a test is assigned after a preliminary examination is conducted by your doctor.
- Echocardiogram: An echo test for heart employs sound waves to capture images of your heart. With the help of an echo, the doctor will be able to see a clear image of how your heart is beating, its chambers, and its ability to pump blood efficiently. The test is conducted to investigate problems in the valves and chambers, whether heart problems are resulting in shortness of breath or chest pain, and to detect congenital heart defects while the baby is still in the womb.
- Electrocardiogram: Commonly abbreviated as ECG or EKG, this test is used to detect a person’s heart’s electrical rhythm. The test shows several waves recurring with each heartbeat at a rate of 60 to 100 per minute. If the waves are not consistent, the test could indicate the presence of heart disease. ECG is also used during annual health check-ups if a person has had a history of heart disease, has been diagnosed with hypertension or diabetes, and if they pose a risk of cardiac disease.
- Holter Monitor Test: Advances in technology have allowed scientists to create one of the fastest tests to diagnose heart conditions. A Holter monitor is a portable ECG that maps the electrical activity in the heart. It serves the same purpose as a traditional ECG, with the additional benefit of it being much faster. It is often used in emergencies to determine whether a patient requires immediate screening.
Benefits of Regular Heart Check-Ups
It is recommended to have your heart checked at least once or twice a year, especially if you are older or are predisposed to cardiac diseases because of underlying conditions. Many heart conditions, minor and serious, can go undetected without regular check-ups. The benefits are as follows.
- Detect and diagnose infections and conditions early-on to prevent serious diseases
- Determine a course of action and medicinal intake to prevent diseases
- Severely reduce chances of falling ill
- Improve overall cardiac health by participating in specific activities and exercises
- Reduce overall healthcare costs by diagnosing and treating problems early
Importance of an Echo Stress Test
An echo stress test is another important procedure that produces ultrasound imaging to showcase how well your heart muscles are working. The test is used primarily to detect any decrease in blood flow to the heart owing to the narrowing of coronary arteries. Reduced movement in the heart muscles and walls can also be an indication of heart disease. Depending on the test results, the patient is then advised to undertake an echocardiogram or ECG. Search for an ‘echo test centre near me’ to book an appointment with a doctor.
ECG Test Cost and 2D Echo Test Cost
ECG is a standard procedure which does not cost an exuberant amount. An ECG test cost ranges from Rs. 150 to Rs. 300. A 2D echo test cost, on the other hand, can vary from Rs. 2000 to Rs. 5000. Echo test price in Delhi is heavily determined by the test centre you visit.