X-Rays: Benefits, Types and Uses
JANTA X-RAY operates multiple Digital X-Ray centres which offer low-cost X-Ray Facilities in New Delhi. An X-ray examination is a painless way for clinicians to diagnose and monitor many health conditions. X-rays are a type of radiation called electromagnetic waves and it produces images of bones and certain tissues within the body.
Since their conception in 1895, X-Rays are commonly used around the world to examine what is happening inside a person’s body. ‘X-Ray’ stands for ‘X-Radiation’ and is a non-invasive procedure widely used to examine bones, tissues and ligaments. There is an abundance of X-Ray clinics today as there is always an X-Ray centre near you in today’s world. With the advent of technology, digital X-Rays are now being utilized as these are more pocket friendly and do not use ionizing radiation.
Benefits of X-Rays
The discovery of X-Rays has proven highly beneficial to the world of medicine. It is one of the most popular medical tools to aid in regular examinations, diagnosis and even during medical procedures.
- The greatest advantage of X-Rays is that the procedure is non-invasive. This means that you will not have to endure any pain or live with scars for the rest of their life.
- Doctors and nurses often take the assistance of staff at X-Ray labs to insert catheters, stents and various other devices. X-Rays can help guide medical experts in removing tumours and clots as well.
- X-Rays can also show unexpected findings and results. A doctor could be examining a broken bone, but they may also find a tumour or cyst which they would have been unaware of.
- As aforementioned, digital X-Rays are now growing in popularity. While traditional X-Rays expose you to harmful radiation, digital X-Rays do not use any radiation. They are also more cost efficient, reduce duration of the procedure and are immediately available to study as soon as the procedure is over.
Side Effects of X-Rays
X-Rays, like any other medical procedure, have their own side effects. However, the occurrence of the following side effects is extremely low.
- X-Rays may increase your risk of cancer. It is a rare side effect but the doses of radiation you receive from repetitive X-Rays may increase the risk.
- Exposure to radiation can also cause hair fall and loss, vomiting, fainting and even loss of skin.
It is important to remember that the benefits of X-Rays are far greater than the risks. X-Rays do not produce any immediate health problems either.
To determine an X-Ray cost, factors such as time, body part, reputation and location of X-Ray clinic have to be considered. In Delhi/NCR, the X-Ray cost can lie between Rs. 200 and Rs. 2000. Search for the best ‘X-Ray centre near me’ to ensure you get the best facilities.
More X-Ray Test Name & Price List:-
|Test Name||MRP||Offer Price|
|ABDOMEN FOR GALL BLA||200|
|ANESTHESIA CHARGES (H.S.G.)||1700|
|BA.MEAL COMPLETE GIT||3500|
|BA.MEAL UPPER GIT||2450|
|BOTH ELBOWS AP VIEW||200|
|BOTH HAND PA||200|
|BOTH HEELS AXIAL VIEW||200|
|BOTH HEELS LATERAL VIEW||200|
|BOTH KNEE JOINTS AP||200|
|CERVICAL SPINE AP VIEW||200|
|CERVICAL SPINE EXTENSION||200|
|CHEST FOR RIBS||200|
|LEFT SHOULDER AP JOINT||200|
|BOTH KNEE JOINTS AP||200|
|LEFT ELBOW JT AP/LAT||400|
|LEFT FOOT AP & OBL||400|
|RIGHT HIP JOINT-AP||200|
Some Popular X-Ray Types
- X-Rays are most commonly used to examine broken bones. This includes shoulder X-Rays, knee X-Rays, hand X-Rays, foot X-Rays, cervical spine X-Rays, wrist X-Rays and pelvis X-Rays.
- Another common use of X-Rays is to identify problems in the lungs. Cancer, tuberculosis and bronchitis can be diagnosed from a simple X-Ray. Bronchiectasis X-Rays are used to determine how much damage has been caused to your lungs and bronchial tubes. The presence of mucus and bacteria can also be seen in an X-Ray.
- Dental X-Rays and OPG X-Rays are used to examine problems in your teeth, jaws, gums, mouth, wisdom teeth and other teeth which may emerge in the future. OPG X-Rays stand for orthopantomography and provide the radiologist with a panoramic view of the lower face.
- Another popular type of X-Ray is the KUB X-Ray. KUB X-Rays are used to diagnose problems in your kidneys, ureter and bladder. It captures an image of the abdomen and can also help in pinpointing where the pain is coming from.
In this, digital X-ray sensors are used for imaging instead of traditional photography film.
Advantages of Digital X-Ray:
- Enhanced images
- No radiation used to produce an image
- Time efficiency
- Immediate availability of the image to preview
To find out more about X-Rays in the Delhi/NCR area, contact an X-Ray centre near you today.